Following a tragic stroke of fate, Alfred embarks on a journey north in search of redemption. In this single-player road trip adventure, you'll travel to beautiful places, capture memories with your camera, meet interesting people, and even make some new friends.
Forever Ago is the debut title of Third Shift, a small, narrative-focused indie game studio founded by two best friends.
- Experience a nuanced and heartfelt story about broken dreams, loss, and regret—but also courage, hope, and true friendship.
- Explore stunningly beautiful environments, ranging from serene forest lakes to dusty barrens sweltering in the desert sun.
- Examine and interact with objects to learn about your surroundings and the people living there.
- Take pictures with your good ol' instant camera to document Alfred's journey and solve small environmental puzzles.
- Discover the stories, beliefs and struggles of the various characters you meet along the way brought to life by renowned voice actors, including Dave Pettitt (Valiant Hearts: The Great War, Frostpunk), Daniel Amerman (League of Legends), and Cissy Jones (Firewatch, Life is Strange).
- Featuring an original soundtrack by Clark Aboud (Slay the Spire, Kind Words).
- You can pet the dog.
Announcement Trailer — YouTube
Logo & Icon
This “pensioner goes for a walk” ’em up looks utterly delightful. Large, isolating spaces dotted with moments of compact intimacy. One to keep an eye on, for sure.Natalie Clayton, Rock Paper Shotgun
Forever Ago promises an emotive experience, aided by a lovely art style that appears aptly suited to Third Shift’s ambition of telling compelling stories.Tom Bardwell, WePC
One of the most exciting – and colourful – games we’ve seen in a while!Lara Jackson, GameByte
About Third Shift
- Narrative-focused indie game studio founded by two best friends. Currently working on their debut title Forever Ago.
- More information
- More information on Third Shift, our logo & relevant media are available here.